The biggest national home show in Canada will be taking place in the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place from February 19 to February 28, 2010.
The event showcases over 700 vendors with outdoor products and home furnishings as well as provides information about remodeling, renovation and kitchen and bathroom upgrades. Numerous vendors will also be discussing ways to increase the greenness and energy-efficiency of homes, and a giant warehouse-sized sale will provide a venue for guests to sell their used, clearance-priced items to shoppers.
Many of the usual 150,000 annual visitors attend the show with home improvement or project planning in mind and are looking for decorating, design, landscaping, gardening, cooking tips as well as entertaining ideas.
The National Home Show includes features such as:
- Toronto Star Dream Gardens will be highlighting 25,000 square feet of gardens using plants and styles following an “around the world” theme.
- Chat one-on-one with celebrity interior designers and ask any question about home renovations and decor.
- A dream home exhibit featuring the contributions from many high-profile Toronto designers where attendees can see and learn about different decorating techniques and styles.
- Try out the latest gadgets while watching the game or Olympic highlights in the cozy Rogers Sports Lodge.
- Learn about living green in the City of Toronto with rebates, incentives and grants at the Live Green Toronto Pavilion.
- Consultations from renovators, builders and other industry professionals to help you gain valuable construction knowledge and save time and money when renovating your home.
- Presentations, advice and insight from Ty Pennington, Debbie Travis and various hosts from HGTV shows.
Tickets at the door are $15 or can be pre-purchased online for $12. Seniors and children aged 12-17 are $11, and children under 12 get in free.