Are you going to be selling your home in the coming weeks? Your real estate agent may have told you that curb appeal is one of the most important aspects of selling a home, because it’s essentially the house version of a first impression. But in the colder months, it can be more difficult to ensure that your home looks as good on the outside as it does on the inside. Here are some tips for making the most of fall:
1. Keep your yard maintained. If you don’t have time, you can always consider hiring a landscaping company to help you with this, but make sure that fallen leaves have been raked up.
2. Don’t neglect your garden. There are plenty of autumn plants you can add to your flowerbeds that will add a splash of colour.
3. Make your door welcoming. A tidy front porch and an autumn wreath can keep your front door looking bright and warm when it’s cold outside.
4. The dark, gloomy fall skies can have a serious effect on the mood of your home. But you can combat this by ensuring the exterior of your home is tidy with no faded or chipped paint, clean windows and new lightbulbs.
5. Decorate sparingly. Hold off on the Halloween decorations if you’re selling your home, and go gentle on any other holiday decorations. There’s always next year!