According to the calendar (but not the weather), spring is finally here! That means that Toronto’s Real Estate market is heating up and many homeowners who have been putting off listing their homes will soon be doing just that. But if you’re going to be selling your home soon, you may need to make a few minor repairs to ensure you can get the best value for it. These repairs vary in expense (but many can be done yourself!), but in the long run they are the best way to prep your home for the busy spring market.
Make sure to:
– Inspect your roof for any missing or damaged shingles.
– Sand away and re-paint any areas of the exterior of your home where the paint has peeled or chipped.
– Consider planting colourful spring flowers like pansies along your walkway as soon as the weather allows to brighten up the entrance to your home.
– Change your furnace filters for higher efficiency and cleaner air.
– Trim your trees and shrubs.
– Check for any drafts or leaks in your windows and doors.
– Make sure your gutters are clean of any debris, especially leaves.
Are you selling your home this spring?
This site is owned & operated by: Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd Johnston & Daniel Division,477 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario, M4S 2L9, 416.489.2121. The content is provided by a number of sources as referenced in the contribution list.