Not all real estate agents are made equal. We all have different experience levels and expertise in different types of homeownership. Some real estate agents might be more familiar with condominium lifestyles, while others might be more familiar with different neighbourhoods or developments.
We’ve got a comprehensive checklist that you need to go over before you hire a real estate agent.
- Is your real estate agent familiar with the neighbourhood you’re considering buying or selling a home in?
- If you’re buying or selling a condo, does your real estate agent have experience with those?
- Ask a real estate agent how they intend on advertising your home, if you’re selling your home.
- Does the agent have a website? More than likely, you found your real estate agent online. Will they add your listing to their website if you’re selling?
- Does your agent intend on doing an open house if you’re selling your home, and how many?
- If you’re buying, does your real estate agent plan on arranging showings of homes for you privately, or will you be going to open houses?
- If you’re selling, ask your real estate agent if they have any ideas on how you can improve your chances of selling your home.